Tuesday 12 April 2011

Here we go

I've started this blog as a way of presenting two of my passions; bikes and painting pictures.

I like everything about bicycles. I like riding them, I like taking them to bits and building them back up and I like looking at them. And there are no limits to the kind of bikes I like. I happen to ride what are usually termed as racing bikes, but I'm actually interested in anything with pedals and two wheels. The bicycle could be called "the world's greatest invention", and indeed, there was a recent article in the Guardian on this very theme.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/mar/03/guardianspecial4.mattseaton
The article also includes a well liked quote from Iris Murdoch "The bicycle is the most civilised conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart."
Amen to that!

Future entries will include descriptions of local rides, past and present, in this wonderful part of the world which has such a huge culture and history of cycling and cycle racing.

2 comments: